I have a horrible habit of biting my lips. I am bigger than this habit yet I continue.
I am drinking my 3rd cup of water today. It needs lemon or lime or cucumber or rum or something.
I hear "Piglet's Big Adventure" on the TV. I'm trying to drown it out with Mindy Smith on Pandora.
I smell coconut oil and coconut scented shampoo.
I feel...oh where do I start? I feel a bit lost. The past few days home with B remind me of those early years home alone with KK--sometimes lonely and honestly, quite boring. I miss the energy of the house. These are very long days with B home alone. I miss my big kids being home. He misses them, too. He also misses his cousins who are vacationing. He doesn't start school for a week or so. Together, we're filling our long days with crafts, reading, movies, and a lot of play time. The key word being, "together."
He wants me by his side at all times, which is fine, it's just "different." We're surviving but the count down to school is on like Donkey Kong.
(1st interruption by B...post to be delayed...)
I see summons for jury duty on the desk. It scares me a little. Ok, a lot.
I see "classroom volunteer" sign up forms that need my attention. I like organizing this sort of thing.
I'm hoping to try a new recipe for dinner this week. I'm hoping it will be good. I'm hoping J will like it. I'm hoping every one will like it. Dinner time is another story for another day but I'm chalking it up to this whole school transition crap.
I'm thankful for Tostitos Multigrain Scoops and TJ's green salsa. I'm thank that my kiddos are enjoying school. I'm thankful I finished my book. I'm thankful for access to clean water at any time.
I'm trying so hard to be patient and do things correctly. This transition stage for our family is tough for me. The kids have done as expected. It's me who has to change some things, change expectations and strive to be more peaceful. This is hard. I want things to change easily and quickly but I know better. Dang it, I do. This is a learning process for all of us.
I'm peaceful seeing God's handiwork in my life. An awesome connection was made between a story I shared about J's cousin and a friend. God is amazing.
I've accomplished taking the big kids to school today (1st time for me!), breakfast, lots of play time with B, a few phone calls, answering emails, a play date, picking up kiddos and getting ready for a meeting tonight. Phew. Very quickly I've learned that my sleeping hours need to be altered. Yes, I'm getting up earlier with the kiddos but I also need to be go bed earlier. I've had some very lazy days due to lack of sleep. Then I feel guilty about that but remind myself that soon enough I'll be back to driving kiddos several times a day, volunteering, the gym and every day obligations.
"To everything,
there is a season."
I knew the moment I woke up that the boys were waking me at 6:20 from a very deep sleep. Holy balls, that was early.
Today, with intention, I will take deep breaths, be open to repeating directions slowly and gracefully, encourage and pray that God speaks through me to others.

1 comment:
I love the count down to school chain!! So cute. I used to do that for "How many night nights till Daddy comes home from business trips". I will be calling you for a visit to Brody's class for next week!! See you soon! :)
Post a Comment