1.11.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am feeling small in this crazy universe. There is so much sadness, tragedy and pain in the world. Love and peace are greater than these evils yet at times they seem to push goodness to the limits. Here I sit comfortably in our home while others are fighting to survive the moment. I know life isn't fair but it doesn't mean I can always accept it. How's that for hooking my audience? I'm okay, just tossing out some thoughts today.
I have three kiddos doing self appointed quiet time, hence the opportunity for a quickie with my keyboard.
I am in PJ's, a robe and slippers. Yes, still the damaged slippers from NYE.  Need to shower next, I've got people to see, places to be, things to do...but wait, B still has a fever. Another day on the couch? Sure, I'll take it. Me, b and my book.
I hear my 10 year old singing about daisy dukes, bikinis and skin being so hot it'll melt someones Popsicle. Oh, Lord! Note to hubby: who approved this for the download list? I'm fearful it was me.
I smell the best burning candle ever, Mrs. Meyers Spice Cake. Thanks, sis.
I feel a bit badly about not being in my kiddos classrooms yesterday. First time I've had to cancel volunteering in 4 years. My kiddos felt a little let down and teachers had expectations but B needed me planted right next to him on the couch. So that I did.
I see our fish. He's mid-tank, looking out into the vast universe known as our kitchen. Confession time- we didn't feed him for an entire week. We'd run out of food and forgot to buy more for over five days. J and I felt so inhumane every time we made eye contact with him so we fed him bread crumbs. We cheered and rooted for him (her? it? unnamed 7 months after joining our family) anyways, J and I joined forces to keep him swimming. Yet now that he's been fed for days, he seems to be fading...crap.
I see a thank you card C wrote to his great aunt. He thanked her properly and then wrote that he loves "jina sores" aka dinosaurs. Then he wrote that his brother "liks the dinosaur shrt." J and I laughed for 5 minutes about jina sores and licking shrt.
I'm hoping to make dinner for a friend and stop by my sisters new house...which is in total renovation and is going to be stunning. I may be just as excited as she is for move in day.
I'm thankful for fresh water with sliced lemon and crunchy ice, fresh vegetables and for family resemblance. I see my Grandma Sweethearts chin every time C flashes a smile.
I'm trying to pray fervently for people in need. We are all in need of something so I guess I'm praying for you, too.
I'm peaceful at night sleeping on our new pillowcases that are a.maz.ing. My family is in l-l-love.
I've accomplished some follow up emails regarding the accident, making lunches, drinking 2 cups of coffee and rocking B for 15 minutes.
I knew the moment I woke up I was thankful for comfy beds, Tylenol, water and knowing that I could be home with B today.
And to help me stay focused on my New Years goal...
Today, with better intention I will take care of B-with tenderness.

1 comment:

Laura said...

jina sores sounds like something you might get in college, if you know what I mean!!!!!

we once ran out of food and fed our fish veggie chips...
it died the next day

love up that feverish babe of yours and have a beautiful day