1.04.2012

wednesday senses

I am getting situated for a long night in front of my computer. Tomorrows deadline is tonight's goal.
I have a full tummy after enjoying dinner out with my hubby...alone.
I am sitting in the office with the backdoor open. It feels like a Spring evening, darn it.
I hear traffic from the freeway and am soon to hear nothing but my music blaring. I work best like that.
I smell fresh air. 
I feel comfortable in my PJ bottoms, sweatshirt and socks, sitting criss-cross applesauce in the office chair. Can't wear my slippers, they had a run in with the firepit on NYE.
I see a cup from Cafe Rio, the list of articles I am yet to finish and a Power Ranger.
I see cut coupon, Jamba Juice cards and our Groupon list. It stares at me with a bit of pressure.
I'm hoping for a good night of sleep--without the interruption of children, thanks G & P.
I'm thankful J just went to the grocery store without a list and I told him "just stock up on necessities." He'll know exactly how to fill our pantry to my expectations. I'm also thankful for people who helped with all 3 of my kiddos this week when I was finishing up my articles.
I'm trying hard to be more aware of C's emotions. I sometimes fail in reading my boys wants and needs. I need to make extra effort in deciphering their love languages and temperaments. Any good book suggestions specifically for boys?
I'm peaceful with knowing my Christmas decor will remain up through the weekend. The kids go back to school next week, then there will be some clean up time. Can't wait to start decorating from a black slate. I have some ideas I can't wait to execute. On a side note, the new in color for decor is purple/violet. Not sure how I feel about that.
I've accomplished making time for my kiddos this a.m., packing a lunch for the park and ignoring FB all day...even though it's so tempting while sitting here in front of the screen.
I knew the moment I woke up that I had slept heavily. It was one of those days you look in the mirror and you have that dreaded pillow line across your face. Doesn't matter how much water you splash on it or how much make up you use, it's still there. 


No comments: