10.19.2011

Wednesday Senses

I am sitting at my computer in the office/laundry room.
I have an artificial breeze blowing on me, created by a fan.
I am drinking ice water spruced up with lime.
I hear the dryer and a piece of paper fluttering about on the desk.
I smell detergent and nail polish.
I feel unsettled. I have a strong desire to move out of state. I'm misplaced here in AZ.
I see a laundry room with 6 baskets of clean clothes needing to be folded and put away.
I see a pile of school paperwork. Both need my attention.
I'm hoping to not be defeated by a three year old today.
I'm thankful that my dad is recovering from surgery, this week is a 4 day-er for my kiddos & for my sister.
I'm trying to not be overwhelmed with our calendar, commitments and state of being.
I'm peaceful about a conversation KK and I had last night. She's a big kid, making big decisions and has a big heart.
I've accomplished a bit of laundry, packing lunches, getting big kiddos to school, sweeping the floor and getting through a temper tantrum.
I knew the moment I woke up I was overwhelmed. But I also knew it was this girls big day...





I have three quotes currently hanging on our kitchen cupboards. The quotes change with the seasons and the stages of our lives. My quotes and inspirations are a reflection of where I am in life.
Here is where we're at:

1) Done is better than perfect.
2) You're going to miss this, you're going to want this back.
3) Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.

These are all driven specifically for me as reminders to let go of control and to be present.
One of the reasons I write Wednesday Senses is to help me be aware of my surroundings, feelings and life in general. Five years from now I want to be able to reread a Wednesday Senses post and immediately be taken back in time to that specific day. Five years from now life will be very different. Heck, five months from right now life may be different and I welcome that. However, I want to capture today, here and now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a gift to be able to write from your heart and what you write everyone is moved. You really made my crazy Wednesday a happy one. I have the same laundry problem!

Have a Blessed day,

Jennifer :)

Theresa said...

Beautifully shared, Michelle.

Anonymous said...

I need those quotes in my kitchen. Thanks for sharing...laundry and school papers are a problem for me too. Malcolm is only kindergarten, Nola only in preschool and I am overwhelmed by the amount of paper that I receive every day from school. The pile stresses me out.

Fun to read about your life from NY.

Love,
Cindy

keep calm and carry on said...

love it. i love 2 & 3. they really speak to me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder today, as I started my day frustrated, doubtful of my call and happy to be back home....

Laura said...

beautiful

a favorite of mine is "Don't miss the ordinary, while waiting on perfect"

even the day to day stuff can be done as praise...

life is good
we just need to stop and notice it :-)

Jenrobin73 said...

Really connected with this post. Love reading about your family. You should move out of country not just out of state. There's a family of five in New Brunswick Canada that would love to have you move in next door. Smiles. -Jenny

rotner ramblings said...

Jenny,
Your temps sound refreshing, although frigid. That scares me. I need a happy medium.