I have itchy ankles from ant bites.
I am drinking cold coffee--which took three attempts to make today. It's gross.
I hear wind chimes, a street sweeper and sweet voices of children.
I smell flowers and wet concrete dampened by hose water.
I feel flip flops between my toes and a breeze up my skirt.
I see colorful sidewalks graffitied (is that a word? yes, i say so) with bright chalk.
I see scooters scattered about and baseballs that mistakenly landed in freshly manured grass.
I'm hoping for a fun, peaceful, non melt down day (myself included). Is that too much to ask?
I'm thankful for cooler weather and outdoor living.
I'm trying to be patient, fun and avoid complaining about cramps.
I'm peaceful with the plans I've arranged for the kiddos fall break.
I've accomplished making beds, two loads of laundry and vacuuming.
I knew the moment I woke up I was wanted something delicious made with pumpkin
and a hot cup of coffee.
Neither happened. I chugged down a protein shake.
We've spent the past two days outside. It's been pleasant, well, under 100 is pleasant. Lots of bike riding, baseball playing, scooter riding, chalk drawings and neighborly conversations. I can not wait until we're dining on the back patio again and reclaiming our yard as "the family room."
Today B told me that one of KK's friends is "cute."
Wowza. He's 3... and interested in older girls?!
I'm running on 4 hours sleep. My fault. Reading last night consumed my common sense.
Maybe that explains the several attempts at making coffee and wearing my dress inside out.
Last week at this time I was doing this...
(J snapped a pic. My Goodness, I'm soooo embarrassed...)
(actually, this woman's upper body lended itself to a very "informative" conversation with our kiddos.
so did her tattooed side, leg and back.
oh, the things they learn on the beach. 4 out of 5 of us could not stop staring. we're so classy)



1 comment:
Amazing mother, friend, wife, daughter, sister, chef, teacher and now blogger. Geez girl, how do you do it? I'm impressed and envious of your talents. Loved reading your blog and looking at the wonderful photos. If I can't see you, this will do until we can get together :)
Keri
Post a Comment