I have spring fever. I'm desperate for fresh air as much as possible. I open the windows first thing every morning and close them last thing at night knowing in a few short months those babies will be sealed shut. I'm awaiting the final flicker of a vanilla butter-cream candle so I can start to burn the chosen scent for spring. And most importantly, spring training has started-it's evident by C rattling out facts every waking moment- and the return on the dreaded Cialis commercial. Erectile dysfunction at every commercial break is weak timing. I guess that's the irony...
I am so flippin' relieved that science projects are completed and turned in! Really, why was it so hard for me? I jumped for joy when I realized this is the only year we need to do 3 of them.
I hear "By the Grace of God' by Katy Perry.
I smell bleach. Spring cleaning means it's time to strip the white couch down to it's skivvies. I'd planned to wash it today but is it any coincidence that I spilled tea on it this morning as well?
I feel relaxed.
I see half a Heath bar left on the counter leftover from my mom's birthday cake.
I see a bottle of Sriracha on the counter, aka "hipster ketchup."
I'm hoping to again one day enjoy a coconut margarita. Heaven. On. Earth.
I'm thankful I spent time this weekend with girlfriends -celebrating life and successes, for sliced bananas fried in coconut oil, for good decision making (AZ almost put us to shame again), for boundaries and for a jam packed March. (Actually that scares me a bit. How did it fill up so quickly?)
I'm trying to let some things go. Hearing the Frozen soundtrack 8 TIMES A DAY is a good reminder. If you're a mom that needs to let go of some things, enjoy this parody.
I'm peaceful when I pick and choose my battles. I'm more peaceful when I win those battles.
I've accomplished loads of laundry, cleaning the kitchen, scrubbing the bathroom walls (boys are gross and stink), reading, whipping up with a carb/sugar/processed/dairy free lunch on a whim (not an easy feat) and finally finishing season 3 of Downton Abbey.
I knew the moment I woke up it was earlier than my alarm typically sounds off. With J traveling, KK had crawled into bed with me and talked me to sleep. It was a late night followed by the both of us waking up to HER alarm. Ouch.
Today, with intention, I will enjoy adolescence. I read this excerpt from Rachel Ann Ridge's blog and felt challenged yet comforted and reassured. Good stuff, my friends.
Today, I hope you'll breathe in hopefulness and joy in your parenting. Let go of fear and anxiousness and simply enjoy that adolescent. Laugh at a fart joke. Try a new hairstyle with your daughter. Drive through Sonic for a 1/2 price slush.
Remember that these kids are your gifts, and you are theirs. There is no one who can do this better than you can, because you know them better than anyone, and you love them harder and stronger and deeper than anyone else.
1 comment:
I'll take 2 coconut margaritas please!
Our March and April are FULL, and I'm trying to breathe. It's hard because I do not like a full calendar.
I loved reading your words here. Kevin and I had a blow out argument last night and I woke up feeling totally drained and defeated. Tell me we're not the only ones who go through hard times. Your words are always like peace and joy to my heart.
Post a Comment