I have not updated my phone. Apparently I'm more afraid of change than I thought.
I am pissed I spent half my hubby's paycheck on organic honey-crisp apples that ended up finding a hole in the plastic bag (yep, forgot my reusable totes) and proceeded to roll through the parking lot. I dove for those babies like they were my children.
I hear "Follow Me," by Tom Booth. As I listen I receive a text from a friend. A friend I met through my blog. A friend who has been through hell and back. A friend who has a story to tell and a heart that loves Jesus and works very hard to see His goodness in the world. As she sends messages of doubt and faith, the words to the song had the very words she needed to hear. I frantically typed out the words to her, verse by verse as I listened. Our conversation told a short story of renewed faith, "following Him," and as expected some inappropriate humor, well, because, that's just the way it is.
I smell rice crackers and hummus.
I feel naked. I had my soft cast removed today...farewell hot pink friend! Now if only I could kick the boot to the curb. Well,
not really because then I'd most likely fracture my foot again and need
to hobble back to that curb to retrieve said boot to reapply. It's
thoughts like these that make me wonder...
I see B's costume from his school performance. He was the proudest red bird -- only after J convinced him that red birds are not just female.
I see light pink nail polish which soon can be replaced with a darker, warmer color. Amen.
I'm hoping to pack up my family and sneak away for a couple days.
I'm thankful for my Goddaughter's recovery from a serious peanut reaction, lunch with a friend even tho we never have enough time, KK's spot in the ASU VB half time show, my hubby's help with driving, talks with our kiddos in our bed--usually much later than their bedtimes, cooler mornings, Canes, a margarita date with one of my besties tomorrow, sleep, raspberries, rubber gloves and thoughtful friends.
I'm trying to fold 83 loads of laundry today. Don't think I'll get my
I'm peaceful watching C devour a good book-currently he's fascinated with 9/11. I'm peaceful watching KK smile and laugh uncontrollably-even if it takes her being tickled to death. I'm peaceful watching B read and write-oh, the beginning stages of literacy and writing make me ecstatic.
I've accomplished being patient while getting B ready for school today. I cannot rush the kiddo. AT. ALL. Seriously, it takes 30 minutes for him to pack up his backpack with Brownish, Black and White - his animal friends, get his socks and shoes on and if we're lucky, teeth brushed. He challenges me in a good way to refrain from the repeated, "hurry up." He is the "stop and smell the roses" kiddo, to which I am thankful because it challenges us to be more present.
I knew the moment I woke up I was so thankful for a day with some chores, some down time and an evening of volleyball and baseball. Today isn't an action packed day- so many are. Yesterday consisted of 4 trips to the kiddos school, followed by cottage fair and practices. I treasure days like this--when I don't reheat my morning coffee or tea--I sit and enjoy it. Sometimes even going back for a second cup.
Today, with intention, may I be aware of God leading me through my day.
