9.19.2013

Wednesday Senses

I am still laughing about something B said this week. He woke me in the middle of the night to tell me, "Every time I breathe in, someone tells me 'shhh.' Who keeps telling me to be quiet?"  It took a bit for me to figure it out but having a stuffy nose will do that. A conversation about mucus, your brain and hearing followed. I love that he thought his siblings were sitting next to his bed in the middle of the night, saying "Shhh," at every inhale. That kid.

I have very, very poor eyesight.

I am sipping tea from my Grandma Sweethearts tea cups. I just received them. They're a nice addition to the plates, bowls and saucers I inherited from her.

I hear the dishwasher.

I smell dinner in the oven, tonight it's Linguine with Spicy Thai chicken. I've never made this recipe but have had it for over 10 years, given to me by my friend Keri. I hope it's good and my family approves.




I feel reflective. I've reread this article by the wonderful Ann Voskamp several times this week, the first time as I lay in bed with my middle son who'd asked me ever so sweetly to lay with him. At first I'd refused, he asked again- which usually is followed by me saying, "You heard my answer. I'm sorry you do not like it but it remains the same." But instead, I crawled in, wrapped my arms around him and he tucked in with a big smile. As his breathing steadily turned rhythmic, I unwrapped my arms from his body but continued to lay by him as I read the article. In that moment, I was so happy I'd followed my heart-not my mind.

I see KK's new bedding-just pulled from the dryer. It's time for a change and it's looking more tween-ish. {hold me}

I see my hubby making a PB and J and sipping a big glass of milk.

I'm hoping this attempt at healing my foot is the grand finale. Almost 1/2 way through the C25K and the plot thickened.




I'm thankful it's late and I can head to bed. It was a crappy night here in the Rotner home. A lot of "it's not fair," homework struggles and of course, as expected, with a  paper due tomorrow we had printer problems. Isn't that always the case?

I'm trying to clean out my hall cupboards. But, I'm not trying very hard.

I'm peaceful being an outsider looking in.

I've accomplished a very much overdue grocery shopping expedition. If I hadn't shopped this morning, my children were going to have to eat each other. Seriously, I'm embarrassed I'd let it get this bad.

I knew the moment I woke up, I had happy children. It's not often all three wake in good moods. I'll take it when it happens tho.

Today, with intention, I will seek to please Him about all else. "You inhabit a fallen, disjointed world, where things are constantly unraveling around the edges. Only a vibrant relationship with Me can keep you from coming unraveled too." {Jesus Calling}