January is more than half way over. MLK day always marks the start of a new year for me.
Maybe its because of the new semester of school or maybe its the feeling that the "holidays" are truly over. New Years just creeps up so quickly after Christmas that it doesn't seem like the "new year" quite yet. We're still celebrating the Christmas season until the second week of January. But by January 21st the new year has truly begun. Kids are back in school, a new baseball season has begun, all holiday decor is down AND put away (big deal), new schedules are most likely adopted and are now "normal."
So I'm a little slow, so be it.
My boys juiced their breakfast this morning and are exposed to something "new," blank and white television. They're cuddled up devouring the goodness of "old fashioned" television shows. B just cannot understand why Andy Griffith is "broken."
I've started a "To Do" list of new projects around the house and am eagerly awaiting "40 Bags in 40 Days." I've set a couple goals for myself, even toyed with creating a "40 Things to Do Before 40." But, I knew better.
We've soaked up the newest member of our family this year.
And that cute almost-makes-me-want-another-baby bow? That nurse should get a bonus for her crafty addition to the delivery room.
Football season has brought out the addicts in our house...who knew?
And football season has brought some addicts TO our house...
...which leads to our Epiphany celebration. This years celebration was not actually on the Epiphany due to travel schedules of some participants. Our traditional celebration, Pizza and Epiphany, evolved this year with some new additions, "Pizza, Epiphany, Packers and PJ's." Oh, and I
B and I made the cake. His favorite part was throwing the hidden treasures into the batter. Six items that represent a "gift" for the new year. Each of the six kiddos found their discovery in the cake, with a little help. The lucky kiddo who found the pinto bean has to make next years cake.
I need to introduce new recipes to my cookbook. I promise to share if they're good.
I made Pam's cheesecake again this weekend for our family birthday celebration and I must say, I like the new changes I made.
I'm reading a book by an author new to me. I got new shoes I love. I am looking for a new rug for our family room. I received a new devotional for my birthday. I need new eyeliner. I need a new header...
See, I'm gettin' the hang of this....Happy New Year!
1 comment:
If it makes you feel better, my Christmas tree is still up! ;)
Post a Comment