1.14.2013

39

39.
It's a big number.
A number I remember my parents each celebrating.
A number I'm holding on to, realllly tightly.


Today I'm finding 39 gifts to be thankful for.
Next year, my list will need to grow to 40.
I'm hoping that in a year from now, it'll be just as easy to find gifts as it is this year.


39 Gifts


-For my hubby kissing me at midnight followed by a "Happy Birthday." And his snoring.
-For an early morning text from my mom telling me I'm her favorite child. Well, in a round about way. OK, sort of.
-For extra blankets and fluffy slippers.
-Discovering fresh lemons and soft lemon cookies on my front door step.
-For gasoline.
-For a heated car.




-For beanies, gloves, scarves and my children being open to wearing them.
-For ice in the school parking lot.
-For dark mornings.
-Endless "dings" on my phone alerting me of Facebook messages, esp from cute little boys who sing with midwestern accents.
-A quiet morning alone. 
-For phone messages from friends, especially those of the singing sort, even better are the ones who attempt singing with a Spanish accent.
 



-For wonderful winter weather.
-Enjoying lunch with my hubby.
-For figs and roasted red peppers.
-For lemon water.
-Hearing our love story read on a friend's radio program.
-For awareness and gratefulness.




-Fresh flowers.
-A twenty minute nap.
-More beautiful flowers delivered.
-Breaths of fresh air.
-Recognizing all the moments in our lives we've been "safe" and "protected."
-Free Starbucks coffee.



-A mason jar of fresh yellow flower given with a smile.
-Grandma Sweethearts caramel bars...made by someone else and shared with me.
-A thoughtful gift from a friend that'll make my world spin.
-A creative gift from a friend that'll let me be creative.



-Pink flowers delivered by adorable neighbor kiddos.
-Text messages from people I love.
-Picking up smiling kids from school.
-Dropping them off late to religion and not getting in trouble for repeat offending.
-Green lights.
-Making 4 spots on my sisters gratitude list today.



-The comforting sound of my washer and dryer.
-A birthday card delivered through snail mail.
-For leftover cheesecake and more flowers.
-Having patience when I was ready to go ballistic.
-For 39 years of opportunities, failures and successes.


1 comment:

Theresa said...

Beautifully articulated. Happy Birthday! ((Hug))