12.05.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am shaky from too much coffee and not enough food. When will I learn?
I have little motivation to blog.


I am looking forward watching my boy play ball tonight.
I hear the sizzle of onions and garlic sauteing themselves in wine, the washing machine spinning my unmentionables and The Bare Naked Ladies holiday album.



I smell lavender lotion as B and his cousin are rubbing it on each others feet. Yep, I'm serious here, folks.  I'm ready to get in line.
I feel empathy for KK when doing her math homework. Watching her work at the counter last night with J brought back memories. Bad memories. I was once the girl with tears in my eyes, struggling desperately to understand math. Comprehending math is like being held underwater-I struggle looking for the way out, grasping for air and relieved when it's over. (There was a reason I taught 1st grade-simple addition and subtraction). Thankfully, she's a smart cookie just stuck on a hard concept after missing a day of school.
I see Christmas decor in our house. We did it! And you know what? It felt pretty good.
I see my reflection in the wreath next to me. Creepy.


I'm hoping for a friend to find happiness and peace. She's one of the most joyful people to bless our planet yet she's not happy right now. The ebbs and flows of life-we all encounter them. It's what carries us through that makes us who we are. She's armed with faith and a beautiful family.
I'm thankful for impromptu morning coffee with a friend, last minute happy hour with a friend and unexpected soup from a neighbor.
I'm trying new recipes. It's clearly evident that if I cook with wine my kiddos won't enjoy it. This is a problem ---more so for them because they may be left starving. They have no idea what they missed out on when opting out of The PW's Chicken Alfredo. This is the only picture I snapped, trust me, it's heavenly.


I'm peaceful with those few minutes every night we light the advent candle at dinner and then again when we're nestled in bed reading, "The Advent Book." It's C's year to read it out loud to us.
I've accomplished a morning of sorting activities with B. I even threw in a little laundry sorting, snicker, snicker.


I knew the moment I woke up I wanted desperately to finish a dream I was engulfed in when my alarm sounded. I'm going to take time to finish my dream today. I wish I could do so with a nap but there's no time for that. So, I'll daydream. Does that ever happen to you? Can you go back to sleep to continue your dream? I used to do it all the time, I considered it a gift. Now I'm a mom, there's no "going back to sleep."
Today, with intention, I will successfully cross off some things on my To-Do List. It's long. I have a lot to do. It's that time of year, isn't it?

No comments: