5.30.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am scattered. Isn't May always CRAZY? I've declared it December without the Christmas tree. End of year parties, graduations, 1st communions, birthdays, play-offs and the heat. Yep, the heat can change ones attitude quickly. Or so, I've been told.
I have a craving for my friend Brian's 3rd place salsa. He hosts a great salsa challenge every year and has yet to place first even though his salsa is amazing. I enjoyed some this past weekend and I'm still thinking about it today....on Wednesday.
I am relieved my kiddos are almost finished with school. No more packed lunches, grading HW or projects!
I hear my kids in the family room having a dance party. Their encouragement of each other makes me smile.
I smell lasagna, sloppy Joe's, grilled chicken, peanut butter blossoms and onion.


I feel very blessed. Lately I'm very aware of all I've been given. Which only means, I have a lot I need to give.
I see an extremely messy kitchen, crowded living room and disheveled family room...we're on week #3 without our new carpet.
I see a very well-written thank you card we received from J's cousin. It really melts my heart when I encounter a well mannered teenage--boys especially. (For the record, I am not a cougar. I'm just a bit old fashioned when it comes to manners). This kid is amazing and he has a big heart. He's off to Africa on a mission trip. Girls...did you catch that?


I'm hoping that C plays a great game tonight. It's so fun and exciting to watch him in the play-offs. Win or lose...the boys have a great time.  Maybe the Mohawk he sported for crazy hair day will bring him luck tonight?


I'm thankful for clean water, electricity, food and shelter. I've become much more aware of the homeless neighbors in our community. I complain about the heat yet I don't have to eat, sleep or remain in it very long.


I'm trying to write out goals for each of the kiddos to work on the next six weeks of vacation. Not necessarily chores or academic goals but HUMAN goals. Goals to make them even better people.
I'm peaceful knowing that next years school year is going to be different for us. I'm so thankful for the opportunity we've had for extra family time and amazing teachers but it's time for a change.
I've accomplished a lot today! It's only early afternoon, too. Still a lot to do, I desperately need to approach my emails and start answering those long lost requests.
I knew the moment I woke up that B had made his way to our bed last night, leaving us very restless and tired.
Today, with intention I will pray more.

1 comment:

Laura said...

i love salsa
i REALLY love salsa
i could drink it

and i had a dream that i walked into the living room and our Christmas tree was still up!
so YES
in agreement
MAY is crazy