5.16.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am full. Dinner was delivered to our doorstep tonight. Thanks, mom and dad.
I have five butterfly cocoons growing on my kitchen shelf.
I am craving the delicious treat I had last night. KK and I met up with J after adoration for a late night snack. Salty caramel frozen yogurt...ahhhh, the dessert gods sing! Topped with caramel and kosher salt, of course.
I hear a baseball game. Actually, two games: one in the backyard with my kiddos and one on TV.
I smell sun screen, pineapple and mango.
I feel happy knowing that our family is not done growing and that I get to hold a newborn baby again. And I'm even more peaceful knowing I am not pregnant. I'm just one lucky aunt.
I see boxes, piles and furniture all over the house. It looks like the bedrooms threw up.
I see a bushel of veggies piled on the counter.  I love when B walks in the back door yelling, "Mamasita, we've got more food from the garden for you!" We don't just grow cocoons and children here, we grow veggies, too.
I'm hoping for a summer filled with 75 degree days and 65 degree nights. One can always hope, right?
I'm thankful for a play date today with B's friend. And I'm thankful his mom poured us a beer and made bacon. And chocolate chip pancakes. And shared homemade biscotti. And sent me off with iced coffee.
I'm trying to be kind and patient yet firm. I'm also trying to get a discount on that carpet (we don't have)  that'll knock my socks off. Again, one can always hope.
I'm peaceful knowing that God sent a sign from our angel baby on May 14th. Eight years ago we miscarried on that date. For eight years, I've seen a sign on that day telling me, "I'm ok."
I've accomplished completing a Mothers Day gift for someone (yep. late.)
I knew the moment I woke up that our bed felt claustrophobic in the playroom. But hey, we're in transition mode here and I'm thankful to be sleeping at our house again even if it's not in our room.
Today with intention, I will work around the mess, appreciating all that we have and "mother on."




No comments: