2.03.2015

How We Use Our Stash

Someone recently asked "when" I use essential oils. Really, we use them daily for many different reasons. This month I jot down a few times we used them and for what reason. Instead of texting my friend back, I posted the information here....because the list is too long. Honestly, I wasn't aware of how often we turn to essential oils.

Here are my notes:

1. We started 2015 healthy. A reason to celebrate in itself! Once we returned back to school and work, the sniffles, coughs and sore throats started creeping in. I had the kiddos start applying OnGuard to their feet daily before putting on their socks. I also diffused OnGuard daily when symptoms were present in anyone.

2. One of my kiddos struggled with an ongoing tickle in their throat and mucus build up. Applying lime, eucalyptus and Breathe on the bridge of their nose helped with mucus breakdown. Also putting a few drops of eucalyptus on the chest and feet before bed helped with cutting down on coughing interruptions. Of course, I diffused in their bedroom at night, too.  On another kiddo, I applied peppermint to his forehead when a fever occurred.

(Never ever did I think I'd use the word 'mucus' on my blog. Gross.)

3. Every morning I add one drop of cinnamon essential oil to my bullet proof coffee. The taste is similar to a cinnamon dolce from Starbucks I've been told.

4. Prior to a trip out of town, I started feeling sick. I simply could not be sick for this trip. I was achy, felt a sore throat coming on and a nagging cough. I steamed a cup of water with oregano, melaleuca, peppermint and lemon to inhale. I applied lavender to my neck for my sore throat.  I also gargled with water and OnGuard.

5. I made my own cough syrup and took it at night and in the a.m. I used a teaspoon of honey and added 1 drop of lemon, orange, frankincense and peppermint essential oil.

6. Thankfully I felt 100% before our trip. The thought of airplanes grosses me out tho. The seats, the headrests, the trays (!)...Ironically the man I sat next to on my flight, uses essential oils. He wiped down the tray, seat-belt and armrests with OnGuard which led to us chatting EO's for a bit. Days before traveling, I applied a "flu bomb" and OnGuard in hopes of steering myself away from the millions of germs that harvest there. The flu bomb roller ball had: OnGuard, melaleuca, lemon, oregano and frankincense combined with grape-seed oil. I applied it to my feet several times a day.

7.  After a late night of celebrating while on vacation, I applied peppermint and Digest-Zen to my stomach and neck which helped me work through a hangover long night. I applied every hour until lunch and felt much better.

8. Wild Orange French Toast. Delicious breakfast enhanced by wild orange essential oil. I added lime to my Texas coleslaw recipe. We used lemon oil in homemade "gatorade."

9. Every morning I add either a drop of lime, lemon, peppermint or grapefruit to my water bottle. Lately I love grapefruit, it reminds me of Fresca.

10. We applied melaleuca to canker sores. I have sensitive gums and had an area that needed my dentist attention. Before getting an appointment, I applied OnGuard as it has clove in it and it helped to numb the pain.

11. I sipped a sweet tea as an all natural cold and flu tonic, it consisted of hot water, honey, lemon and cinnamon essential oil. 

12. In the midst of a migraine, I used peppermint on my scalp and temples, frankincense on the roof of my mouth and Past Tense on my neck. For cramps, I used Clary Calm.

13. We used our "Owie" roller ball and oil salve (Correct X) for an open injury.

14. I cleaned my counters with a spray bottle filled with water, Purify and lemon.

15. My favorite oils to diffuse daily are a combo of peppermint and orange. Every morning, I apply Whisper and patchouli to wear as fragrance. I've also applied the same oils to one my kiddos wrist on a day when they were feeling hesitant to go to school and expressed wanting to be with me.

16. My kids apply lavender every night and my hubby applies oils to help with his snoring. He's been known a time or two to apply them to my feet. He thinks I've snored a time or two. Whatever.

17. C applied Deep Blue lotion on his feet after long days of wearing cleats for soccer and baseball.

18. I used lemon essential oil to remove a grease stain on a sweatshirt.



 
The list goes on. This was just the list I'd kept on my phone when I thought to record our uses of essential oils. 

Happy Oiling.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.




1 comment:

keep calm and carry on said...

which package is the group that you have pictured? i have the at home medical kit and have filled in a few... lavender, on guard, breathe...
i need a few new ones.