I am reading Shauna Niequist's book, "Bittersweet." I'm not even 20 pages in yet and I've had an "ah ha" moment. Read this and tell me you don't gain new perspective: "...when life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow."
I have brownies in the oven.
I am an entertainer. B said to me last night, "Mom, when will you entertain in my classroom again? I like it when you help." This kid makes me smile every single day. So, between dimples and volunteering, we've clearly got some vocabulary to review.
I hear "Crazy for You," by Madonna. Nothing says teenage love like that song. I remember playing it over and over on my stereo...which was never easy with a cassette tape. Rewind, fast forward, rewind, fast forward. Speaking of cassette tapes, those too remind me of teenage love. I wanted so badly for a boy to make me tape of songs that exclaimed his love for me. OK, maybe a tape was high hopes. I would've been happy with a song dedication on KZZP. Kids are missing out these days. They'll never get a tape or DVD full of gushy love songs from someone else. Poor things.
I smell rain.
I feel the calendar obligations slowly creeping up on us. Commitments, conflicts, cancellations, cRaZy.
I see a quote scribbled on a note beside me. I read it this week and loved it. "Practice your faith now {today} so it is there for you when you need it."
I see a text from my friend, L, inviting me to meet her tonight and I sadly had to refuse. Those darn grown up responsibilities get in the way of life sometimes.
I'm hoping to get my package mailed off tomorrow for the mug swap. Who doesn't love snail mail?
I'm thankful for AAA and the local tire shop, both of whom I've had business with lately. Last week it was a dead battery, this week it was a nail in my tire, next week it will be _________.
I'm trying to recall what the looming feeling in my head is for. That feeling that you're supposed to be doing something or quite possibly have forgotten to do it. It just seems that there is "something" I haven't fulfilled. Did I forget to turn in a library book, pay someone back, meet someone for coffee or did I miss a deadline? (And if I do indeed owe you money, the check is in the mail. I promise.)
I'm peaceful. I had an awesome weekend away with K attending a mother-daughter retreat. I am so thankful for many reasons. Thankful for my faith, my community, my friends and especially the gift of my awesome daughter.
I've accomplished only 3/4 of today's to do list. So thankful for a few more hours in the day.
I knew the moment I woke up I'd overslept 7 minutes. Seven minutes is a big deal when you've got kiddos expecting to be woken up. We are a bit pathetic in our morning routine, or shall I say lack of routine? We pretty much just hustle from the moment we wake up until we're running out the door.
Today, with intention, I will be accommodating while practicing tolerance. This. Is. Tough.
No comments:
Post a Comment