I am reading "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge.
I have an ice pack on my gimpy foot.
I am waiting for J and C to get home from practice. Lucky boys at the fields on such a gorgeous night. Last nights game actually had us wearing sweatshirts and jeans.
I hear KK making her lunch. I also hear some heavy sighs signaling me that I must need to grocery shop soon.
I smell Nutella. The smell takes me back to the streets of Paris. I remember enjoying a crepe as Nutella dripped down my arm. That was many years ago before Nutella made its way to the states and became the new peanut butter.
I feel like a child in the backyard pool. Remember the feeling of getting water up your nose? That just happened to me but I'm not swimming or near a pool. I was washing dishes as I dropped a large pan into a full sink of water. I just so happened to inhale at the same time. Hence, water up the nose. Yuck.
I see an email from a friend asking me to choose 3 cocktails of choice for an upcoming party. Decisions are the worst. (Name that movie. I saw it 23,456x as a kid.)
I see piles of paperwork on the desk signifying the closure of tax season in our home. Alleluia.
I'm hoping to see Larry Fitzgerald this weekend. We've been hanging out a bit on Saturdays together. OK, so we don't really talk much. Or at all. We just both watch our kiddos play baseball at the same field but we're still together. Sort of.
I'm thankful for a drop in temperature this week that included rain. And we all know rain leads to baking. Speaking of baking, several of you have made Aunt Kim's scones and have fallen in love like the rest of us. You're welcome.
I'm trying out my new cuppow.
I'm peaceful with the time I had to sit and chat with a friend. Unfortunately it wasn't under peaceful circumstances that I was led to her home but none the less, we chatted for over an hour. I'm so thankful for K-she's been an amazing teacher for all 3 of my kiddos, a wonderful example of motherhood to me and a good friend.
I've accomplished taxi time, cooking dinner, tutoring, 3 loads of laundry, more taxi time, eating dinner, dishes and tucking B in while he fell asleep in my arms.
I knew the moment I woke up it was still chilly and I could wrap myself in my "winter" robe and slippers as I trudged to the kitchen for coffee-coffee that didn't get poured until 9 a.m. We all ran late this morning. Things don't always go as planned which means -life first, coffee second.
Today with intention I will be patient with B, be well prepared for transition times and utilize my bag of tricks needed to parent. Who knew I'd need such a big bag?!
1 comment:
Love that shot of you reflected in the sunglasses.
You are so right, life often doesn't go as planned. I try to get my coffee before I talk in the mornings, but often that does not happen. :)
Loved this post! I can relate to so much!
Post a Comment